Paying attention to our digestive health is vital to enhance our quality of life and boost our athletic performance. With Yes You Can!'s Easy Digestion, you can achieve it.
Every part of our body, every system, has a purpose and, therefore, vital importance in the overall functioning of our organism and the well-being we experience through it. One of the systems we often have in mind - due to the visible consequences of neglect - is the digestive system. However, despite this, we don’t always take care of it as we should and assume that some discomforts are normal. This article discusses the importance of digestive health and how Yes You Can!’s Easy Digestion can improve it.
What Does the Digestive System Do?
The digestive system is a complex set of organs that work together to absorb nutrients from food. The organs that make it up are: the mouth, the esophagus, the stomach, the pancreas, the small intestine, the liver, and the large intestine. Each of them has a particular function in the digestion process that should not be minimized.
- The mouth: It is the organ through which we consume the nutrients we need. Our tongue has taste buds that allow us to distinguish flavors, and enjoy food and prevent the consumption of harmful things. Saliva also participates in the digestion process by starting to break down food through an enzyme, which, combined with chewing, makes the job easier for other organs.
- The esophagus: The esophagus is the organ that allows the passage of food from the mouth to the stomach. Its ringed body contracts and relaxes to transport food. Some seemingly harmless conditions, such as reflux, can severely damage this organ, affecting the way we nourish ourselves.
- The stomach: The stomach’s job is to break down the food that reaches it through the esophagus using the digestive juices it produces. Those same juices can harm us when produced in excess. Eating healthily is vital to maintain gastric juices at the correct levels.
- The pancreas: This is a gland responsible for producing enzymes that contribute to food digestion. It also produces insulin, which helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- The small intestine: The small intestine is responsible for a fundamental digestion function, which is nutrient absorption. During its journey through this organ, food continues to be digested.
- The liver: The liver is responsible for producing bile, whose function is to digest fats and some vitamins. This compound can be used for this purpose by the small intestine or stored in the gallbladder.
- The large intestine: Finally, the large intestine is responsible for preparing food for elimination as waste. It does this by absorbing water, and turning liquid waste into solids.
Importance of the Digestive System
Nutrition is how our body receives fuel to perform all its activities. With the food we consume, we can receive nutrients such as carbohydrates, fats, and proteins that the body uses for energy and promote growth and tissue repair.
Furthermore, as you have seen in the previous section, the organs that make up the digestive system also perform other functions that can lead to diseases involving other organs and systems.
How to Take Care of My Digestive System?
Maintaining a balanced diet is the first step in achieving a functional digestive system, so we recommend preparing an effective and complete diet plan. The nutrition guidelines from Alejandro Chabán - a certified nutritionist - can help you create rich, balanced, and healthy lunches. Also, according to studies from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, other actions you can implement to improve your digestive health include:
- Getting enough sleep and ensuring quality rest
- Engaging in regular physical activity
- Learning to manage stress (you can try relaxation therapies, hobbies, and other distraction techniques)
- Seeking help if you suffer from anxiety or depression
- Maintaining good hand hygiene, especially when preparing or consuming food
In addition to these measures, you can also help your digestive system by consuming supplements that optimize its functioning. Discover how below!
How Yes You Can! Products Help Your Health
Yes You Can!’s comprehensive program — designed by certified nutritionist Alejandro Chaban — has various products to help you achieve your goals. Some aim to enhance the effects of your healthy diet, support your weight loss process, or contribute to defining your muscles. However, we also have a range of products that aim to make you feel better and more energetic. Among these is our Easy Digestion formula. Get to know it!
Yes You Can! Easy Digestion
Easy Digestion is a formula of silica, vitamin C, maltodextrin, and vitamin D3 presented in powder form to prepare a de-inflammatory tea with a rich citrus flavor. This compound helps improve digestion and increase nutrient absorption, influencing energy and concentration levels.
You can prepare it as hot or iced tea and enjoy its benefits by drinking it after meals. The best part is that this product has no added sugars that can affect your diet and can be consumed by anyone suffering from stomach bloating.
Benefits of Yes You Can! Easy Digestion
Thanks to its natural ingredients (lime extract and derivatives of Minnesota alder), Easy Digestion contributes to the strengthening and healthy balance of the digestive system. By promoting the breakdown of food and stimulating the production of digestive enzymes, this product is ideal for avoiding discomfort after meals. Among the benefits that Easy Digestion provides are:
- Relief of bloating after meals, especially when heavy or abundant dishes have been consumed.
- Reduction of digestive discomforts such as gas, constipation, and acidity.
- In addition to promoting overall digestive well-being, Easy Digestion enables better absorption of the nutrients we consume through food.
- Strengthens the digestive system, which in the long run improves its overall performance.
- Its careful planning and preparation make it a safe product with optimal results.
Now that you understand the importance of caring for your digestive system, don't hesitate any longer. Begin to feel better and relish your meals more with Yes You Can!'s Easy Digestion! Keep in mind that transforming your lifestyle should be fulfilling and contribute to a positive sense of self.